Square Ad

Links Ads

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Computer Diagnostic Tools Explained

What is a computer diagnostic tool?
A computer diagnostic software can best be described as software that you install to your computer. Once installed, the software will then run a series of diagnostic tests on your computer to determine if you are having hardware or software issues. You may have downloaded the software because you think your PC is running slow. Or, maybe it's due to a constant blue screen of death. In my instance, I was seeking help in understanding why when I uninstalled a program, the fragments of the program were left behind. This caused my system to slow way down.

Reviews
So, what I did next is scour the internet for some information. Oh boy, did I find some. There are all sorts of free diagnostic tools. But, they all seem to lack something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. But, when I ran the tools, they all seemed to point to my registry having issues.

Registry
The registry in Windows is where all of the data and settings about your programs are stored. It's a huge database. This huge database can get corrupted from time to time.